Breast Enlargement (Augmentation) in Sydney
Breast enlargement or breast augmentation with breast implants will increase the size or enhance the shape of a woman’s breasts. This is a popular type of breast surgery that Dr Girardi performs at St Lukes Private Hospital, North Shore Private Hospital and Tamara Private Hospital. Dr Girardi is an exceptional breast surgeon with a reputation for producing consistently beautiful results and with minimal scarring. He has mastered the art of creating natural-looking breasts and offers many choices for his breast patients.
The following implants are alternatives that Dr Girardi offers woman undergoing breast augmentation/ breast enlargement:
- Type of breast implant
- polyurethane (Brazillian)
- Shape of breast implant
- anatomical (teardrop)
- Surface of the breast implant
Other considerations for woman undergoing breast augmentation/ breast enlargement surgery
- Location of the scar or incision
- Infra-mammary (under the breast)
- Peri-areolar (around the nipple)
- Trans-axillary (in the armpit)
- Implant position
- Dual plane (part of the breast implant under the muscle and part beneath the breast)
- Sub glandular (breast implant beneath the breast but above the muscle)
- Sub muscular (all of the breast implant beneath the muscle)
Dr Girardi is highly regarded by his patients as an excellent communicator and will listen to the questions you have regarding the different options for breast augmentation or breast enlargement. With Dr Girardi’s experience in over 10 years of cosmetic surgical practice, Dr Girardi will be able to help you through the process of making the best decision for you in a well informed comfortable manner. The options for breast augmentation or breast enlargement will be discussed with Dr Girardi in his Sydney based consultation practices. Various measurements and photographs may be taken and you will have the option of feeling the types of breast implants to get an idea of the differences between various types of breast implants available. Dr Girardi will also discuss the operation for breast enlargement, including the recovery and risks involved answering all of your questions in a precise, easy to understand manner. You will receive all the necessary information required to make an informed decision about your breast augmentation procedure.
Breast Enlargement Recovery Period
Most patients will take 24 hours to fully recover from the effects of the anaesthesia used during surgery. You can resume light activities during this time, however, it is recommended your have someone assist you at home for at least the day after surgery.
Guidelines for a safe, quick recovery includes;
- Wear the provided surgical bra for the first 6 weeks (this supports your breasts and promotes proper healing and shape definition)
- Refrain from heavy lifting or strenuous aerobic exercise for at least 4 weeks after surgery
- Take medication such as simple pain relief and antibiotics
During this recovery period you can contact Dr Girardi’s office if you have any concerns. The first post-operative review is generally 1-2 weeks after surgery. Schedule a consultation about breast surgery and abdominoplasty to better inform your decision.